Wanted to share one of my favorite recipes from The Kind Diet. These get requested a lot around my household and when I make them, I generally allow myself to eat only one from each batch. It’s a challenge because they are sooooo sooooo good. But because they are super rich they really a better occasional indulgence. I eat them sloooow. One little crumbly bite every 5-10 minutes. Cuz I’m weird like that.
I’m eating mine today, with an almond milk chai latte while I study for Wednesday’s midterm and the dogs sleep at my feet. Makes homework a little less painful (the cute workspace helps, too! We do what we can..)
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/2 cup Earth Balancebutter
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter (preferably unsweetened and unsalted)
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs or 10 graham cracker squares
- 1/4 cup maple sugar or other granulated sweetener
- 1 cup grain-sweetened, nondairy chocolate or carob chips
- 1/4 cup soy, rice, or nut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, almonds, or peanuts
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and maple sugar and mix well.
- Remove the mixture from the heat. Evenly divide the mixture, approximately 2 tablespoons per cup, among the muffin cups.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in another pan. Stir over medium heat until the chocolate has melted.
- Spoon the chocolate evenly over the peanut butter mixture.
- Top with chopped nuts.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours before serving.
I hope everyone’s having a fabulous Sunday.
3 thoughts on “vegan peanut butter cups”
Yum! The almond milk chai latte sounds really delicious too 😀
It’s a pretty indulgent treat, for sure!
Definitely a treat!