I’m going to be 27 this year.
There’s something about being officially in your late-somethings that makes you think. I’m not in my twenties. I’m in my late twenties. And it seems to mean something. Something big and something panic-inducing. Something that makes me want to ensure I not only get some important things done, but also do some things that are crazy, self-indulgent, adventurous, spendy, and frivolous, before it’s too late.
Not that it will ever be too late.
But. What fun anyway?!
Here we go; this is my list of to-dos for the next 3.5 years. 30 things I will try to do before I’m thirty. In no particular order:
- Vacation somewhere tropical.
- Finish my Masters degree.
- Host a girls-night-in.
- Do at least one volunteer project, if not something on-going.
- Go to a FANTASTIC music festival.
- Purchase a really great article of designer clothing, or a pair of shoes. Even if it’s from Ebay. Even if I have to ration food to pay for it.
- Go snow-shoeing.
- Get a tattoo.
- Get a freelance writing/design gig going on the side, if just on a really small scale. Which means… a plan, a website and some promoting.
- Make that bikini body happen and wear one… in public.
- Buy a fabulously girly head-to-toe outfit and plan a fabulous day wearing it.
- Go to a wine-tasting.
- Get totally glammed up and go dancing and clubbing all night.
- Attempt snowboarding or skiing, just to say I finally have.
- Pay off my student loans.
- Hike to an overnight camping destination.
- Learn to knit.
- Strive to find my style. Don’t purchase things I only *kind of* like. Buy things that are awesome. Make things. Thrift things and fix them up.
- Write my bucket list.
- Buy a piece of art from a local artist.
- Grow my hair out as long as possible.
- Take a dancing class. Belly dancing, hip hop… something.
- Take a road trip.
- Go to New York.
- Go on a mega-hot date. Red lipstick for me, him looking spiffy, too.
- Find a charity to donate to yearly.
- Go ice-skating.
- Cook something that involves lighting it on fire.
- Take a day off work, drive somewhere remote, and take photos.
- Get a massage.
7 thoughts on “30 things before I’m 30”
I think you can cross one of your items off your list! “Write your bucket list”
I can totally relate. I felt the same way when I entered my late twenties. Don’t forget that life is all about the journey not the destination. And remember to use your own yardstick to measure your success. Good luck! Hope 2010 is a great year for you!
Thanks for the nice comment, lovely lady! I hope this is a great year for you, too! PS: Your blog is so cute! (:
So having nearly passed through my late 30’s I can tell you there’s worse things. You could be unhappy and miserable and that would be far worse than being in your late somethings….Plus I think there are two or three of these things JB could wipe out in a single weekend with very little effort and a few bucks spent on his bride.
Thanks, ChewyB! 😉 JB’s stoked about the list. And… I know there are way worse things, but you know how I am. I always have to be making plans of some type for every phase of life. 🙂
Love it! Lists are the BEST.