I’m going to be 27 this year.
There’s something about being officially in your late-somethings that makes you think. I’m not in my twenties. I’m in my late twenties. And it seems to mean something. Something big and something panic-inducing. Something that makes me want to ensure I not only get some important things done, but also do some things that are crazy, self-indulgent, adventurous, spendy, and frivolous, before it’s too late.
Not that it will ever be too late.
But. What fun anyway?!
Here we go; this is my list of to-dos for the next 3.5 years. 30 things I will try to do before I’m thirty. In no particular order:
- Vacation somewhere tropical.
- Finish my Masters degree.
- Host a girls-night-in.
- Do at least one volunteer project, if not something on-going.
- Go to a FANTASTIC music festival.
- Purchase a really great article of designer clothing, or a pair of shoes. Even if it’s from Ebay. Even if I have to ration food to pay for it.
- Go snow-shoeing.
- Get a tattoo.
- Get a freelance writing/design gig going on the side, if just on a really small scale. Which means… a plan, a website and some promoting.
- Make that bikini body happen and wear one… in public.
- Buy a fabulously girly head-to-toe outfit and plan a fabulous day wearing it.
- Go to a wine-tasting.
- Get totally glammed up and go dancing and clubbing all night.
- Attempt snowboarding or skiing, just to say I finally have.
- Pay off my student loans.
- Hike to an overnight camping destination.
- Learn to knit.
- Strive to find my style. Don’t purchase things I only *kind of* like. Buy things that are awesome. Make things. Thrift things and fix them up.
- Write my bucket list.
- Buy a piece of art from a local artist.
- Grow my hair out as long as possible.
- Take a dancing class. Belly dancing, hip hop… something.
- Take a road trip.
- Go to New York.
- Go on a mega-hot date. Red lipstick for me, him looking spiffy, too.
- Find a charity to donate to yearly.
- Go ice-skating.
- Cook something that involves lighting it on fire.
- Take a day off work, drive somewhere remote, and take photos.
- Get a massage.